Getting your MP to take action in 3 easy steps!
- Find your MP using the Postcode Box above.
- Write your personal email outlining the issues
It's always best to write an original email. No one likes to be spammed with copied and pasted content and MPs are no exception! To help you write to your MP here is a short list of the issues that urgently needs the governments consideration. Feel free to use this within your email to highlight the main points.
- We urgently request the governments position on the issue of recourse for survivors in Family Court previous to the proposed reforms. Unsafe orders and poor decisions have been made leaving families at risk, which can only be established by an immediate case review.
- Survivors accessing justice currently continue to be harmed by poor and unsafe decisions and this will continue during the transition to the proposed reforms. The government needs to establish a mechanism for recourse for all of these cases.
- The Ministry of justice have unreservedly acknowledged the harms survivors have endured in the Family Court. Survivors seek full and honest recourse, including compensation, for the harms they have endured by the institutions tasked with protecting them.
Good luck, and don't forget to let us know if you get a response!